Software installation from GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software installation from GPO

hi, I have imported one package to GPO and forgot to set the option "Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management" while importing. I assigned this package to few machines. After few days I though of uninstalling this package from couple of machines and I denied this package to the required PCs.

After rebooting the PCs I found that package still present and it is not uninstalled. Then I found that I forgot to set the option "Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management" in package properties and I enabled it now. Again I restarted my PCs to check if the software gets uninstalled or not....Still it is not uninstalled....Is it expected behaviour? uninstalling manually is the only one way now?

waiting for your comments

Charl

Re: Software installation from GPO

When the option 'Uninstall the application when it falls out of the scope of management' is enabled. The package is uninstalled when it is either deleted or the object is moved to another organisational unit, where the group policy is not linked to, remember group policy inheritance in this case.

When you say denied access to the package have you deleted the package?
    MCSA 2000/2003

Comment

Re: Software installation from GPO

Try the following:

- set the "Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management" option in the GPO
      - let the change propagate to the clients
      - unlink the GPO or remove the package from the GPO
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
      X