Locked Out Of Active Directory!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked Out Of Active Directory!!!

I am locked out of A.D. I was creating a Group Policy and then I did something to lock the Administrator's account. I can log on to the computer with the Administrator username and password as usual. However, when I try to access Active Directory Users and Computers or any other Administrative Tool, I receive an error message stating that the account has an invalid username/password.

I am running Win2k Advanced Server.

Any suggestions?

It would help if you told WHAT you did to get where you are now.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

I did exactly what I wrote before. I was setting up a Group policy and then all of a sudden I was unable to edit or save any changes to the Active Dir. because the Administrator's account did not have the appropriate permissions to make any changes to the A.D.

Now, I can't even get in to any of the Administrative Tools on the server because the Administrator's account does not have the appropriate permissions.

I am logging in as the Administrator. So I really screwed something up. I want to know if there is some way to reverse this. It will probably end up being some change in the Registry.

Comment

Did you, by ny chance, mess up with the Protected Groups feature in GPO?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Did you, by ny chance, mess up with the Protected Groups feature in GPO
          Do you mean Restricted groups ?

This could actually be an interesting one: adminSDHolder would try to revert the changes made to protected groups (Administrators,Domain Admins, etc..) by GPO and the group membersgip would be bouncing.
          Guy Teverovsky

Comment

Yes, I meant Restrictrd Groups in GPO, not Protected Groups, sorry. However Guy, what's the connection between the two? One controls the group's members, the other - the group's inheritable permissions. Is there any conflict between the two?
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Take a look at these posts:
              http://www.mail-archive.com/activedi.../msg17698.html
              http://www.mail-archive.com/activedi.../msg17521.html
              Guy Teverovsky

Comment

xp client on a domain now!!!

I used tohave my Xp client in a workgroup. Now they moved it on a domain and I do not have any more priviligies. That mean that i cannot install any program or access the active directory. Unfortunately the guythat putmy PC in the domain does not work for us anymore. Can anyone tell me howcan I change my priviligies on my account now?
                Thanks

Comment

I used tohave my Xp client in a workgroup. Now they moved it on a domain and I do not have any more priviligies. That mean that i cannot install any program or access the active directory. Unfortunately the guythat putmy PC in the domain does not work for us anymore. Can anyone tell me howcan I change my priviligies on my account now?
                  Thanks

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I used to have my Xp client in a workgroup. Now they moved it on a domain and I do not have any more priviligies. That mean that i cannot install any program or access the active directory. Unfortunately the guythat putmy PC in the domain does not work for us anymore. Can anyone tell me howcan I change my priviligies on my account now?
                      Thanks

Comment

I used to have my Xp client in a workgroup. Now they moved it on a domain and I do not have any more priviligies. That mean that i cannot install any program or access the active directory. Unfortunately the guythat putmy PC in the domain does not work for us anymore. Can anyone tell me howcan I change my priviligies on my account now?
                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X