Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• administrator (unknown) what's up

hi;

I have a problem in my DC Windows 2000. If I want to display properties of Administrator user in Active directory users and computers;

"Active directory object could not be displayed.

Unable to view attribute or value, you may not have permissions to view to object"

this message screen in properties. I can not delete, modify this user. In user type I see "unkonwn" type. How can I restore administrator user, I have tried ADSI EDIT but I don't know how can I use this programme.

Thank you very much,

Download ADFind utility from http://www.joeware.net/win32/index.html and from the prompt run:

Code:
    adfind -h mydc.mydomain.co.il -b dc=mydomain,dc=co,dc=il -f "cn=Administrator"
    where mydomain.co.il is your fully qualified domain name.

Take a good look at the output and try to analyze it.
    Has the sAMAccountName been changed ?
    does the objectSID ends up with 500 (S-1-5-blablabla-500)

To decrypt the dates use GetUserInfo utility from the same URL (you will have to run the tool localy on the DC):
    Code:
    getuserinfo Administrator
    As a sidenote: the Administrator domain account can not be deleted. The only thing you can do is rename it or/and take it out of all the administrative groups. The object itself can not be removed from AD.

Antid0t
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

will this sovle my problem?

Comment

From your question I can only conclude that you have not read what the tools, I have pointed to, do.

Querying Active Directory will not solve anything. It can only help you debug your problem by giving you some extra input to work with.

Antid0t
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
        X