No announcement yet.

One update to install to multiple workstations

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One update to install to multiple workstations

I have one MS update which I need to install on around 250 workstations but I haven't got time to setup WSUS just yet.

None of the PCs are on Windows Updates and most need to be on a specific setup (Updates, IE6, ETC). Is there a way I can distribute the MS Update, which is an exe, to these workstations?
    +-- JDMils
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades

Re: One update to install to multiple workstations

Script it.

Copy the .exe to a file share and export a list of all computer names to a .txt file. Then use a combination of psexec and some scripting to go through the list of computer names and run the patch silently.

Dont know how you could check to ensure it's deployed, maybe MBSA but give it a try.

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: One update to install to multiple workstations

or use a startup script which fired the exe file. Then add a logging within the script where it's applied.
      Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"