Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KCC queries

Hi,

I am having a bizzarre problem and was wondering if somebody could cast a though over it.

I have an AD with 11 sites, of which two sites (A & B) are the main Hubs (All other sites are not fully routed so some of the satellite sites can't see each other.)

I have set out my site link objects as A+B+C, A+B+D. A+B+E e.t.c. for all sites.

However when the KCC runs, it will only auto-generate a replication connection for site B and not site A, is this correct? I would of thought it would have made a connection for both sites?

I am trying to make the replication redundant incase the link drops between a site, currently the DC's just throw errors about not being able to replicate if the link drops and doesn't re-route.

Thanks.

Re: KCC queries

I think I have come up with something.

Have removed bridge site links

Then set site A as main hub at cost 75.
    Set Site B as a hub with cost 100
    Then an all sites link with cost 200

Hopefully this should provide a controlled failover?

Comment

Re: KCC queries

Originally posted by cms View Post
      Have removed bridge site links

Then set site A as main hub at cost 75.
      Set Site B as a hub with cost 100
      Then an all sites link with cost 200
      Are you talking about site link costs ?

If your environment is not fully routed, I'd disable the site link bridging and would configure 2 links for each branch site:
      A<->E
      B<->E

The point here is that site links are the means of describing your physical network layout to KCC to help it make the right decisions when generating the site topology. If each branch office can independently reach both A and B sites, you should create 2 site links.
      Leaving the link costs at default will make A<->Branch and B<->Branch equal. Unless one of the Hub sites is the preferred one, I'd keep the site link costs equal and would let KCC to distribute the load between the Hub sites.
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
      X