No announcement yet.

Active Directory and OU's

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory and OU's

Hello everyone,

I am somewhat new to the world of Active Directory.

My question and problem is this.

I would like to create an environment, where I have multiple companies hosted on one Server. I thought the best way to do this would be to create a domain (, and then create OU's under it (, (

What I need is the ability to have users in one OU not see the other OU's and somehow appear to be the only "company" on that server.

I tried to create a new DNS suffix, so the computer name now reads,, and it falls under the domain.

Is there a way that I can create this environment, and still use only one AD for management of the containers ?

Please help and /or provide suggestions

Thank you

Re: Active Directory and OU's

No... OU's are for departments or locations (or any number of other intra-company divisions); not for separate companies. I can't think of a sensible way to make this work.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Re: Active Directory and OU's

What you are looking to do would require setting up multiple trees and I don't think this is possible on one machine unless you consider virtualisation.

Now if you mean to host websites that is another matter. If this is the case you want to look at IIS and not AD.
      I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
      Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.