GPO stopping installation of software on workstation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO stopping installation of software on workstation

I'm an admin here at work. I've set my login as a local administrator of a workstation which needs a custom service pack installed. The application which I have installed is called ABC and I am trying to install the ABC service pack which is an Installshield EXE file, but keep getting the error "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

How do I know which policy is the culprit?

WindowsXP in AD environment.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: GPO stopping installation of software on workstation

GPResult and/or browse through the GPMC until you find it.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

But what would I look for? I registry block, disk access block, web site block, ??
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      |

Comment

I figured it out:

For the record, the value for "GMP\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Installer\Remove browse dialog box for new source" has been changed from Enabled to Disabled.

Q. If I have a GPO which is applied to a workstation where one setting is set to Enabled, the corresponding setting on the workstation should also be set to enabled. What happens if I edit the GPO and set the value to "Not Configured"

Does the workstation's setting stay as it was or does it too change to "Not Configured"?
        |
        +-- JDMils
        |
        |

Comment

Working...
        X