Trust problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust problem

I am trying to establish a trust between two 2003 DC on different forest. Trust estblished correctly but users in domain A can not acess shared resources on one of the DC in domain B. It ask for user name and password but it refuses to authenticate. Any isight would be appreciated.

Is it a forest trust or NTLM trust ?
    Is it bi-directional ?
    If forest, have you configured UPN routing ?

You might want to check the DC for clock skew and take a look at the logs for any errors.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

It is one way outgoing trust. Domain A need to access resources in Domain B. Two different forest. Trust is established and users in Domain A can access resources on Domain B file server but can not access anything on domain B DC.

Comment

use nltest.exe to verify the trust on the DC that can not be accessed. There is a chance that you will need to reset the secure channel of the trust on the DC in question.
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Trust

I ran the nltest command and here what I get: I_netlogoncontrol failed: status:1355 0x54b error_no_such_domain.

Comment

Reference

Trust between forests in windows 2003 is called federated forests. Please read this.
            It helped me alot as well.

If you need further assistance please let me know.

Regards,
            Teamwork

Comment

Working...
            X