Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO don't apply

Hi guys

This is the firts time that I write here...

I have one problem in my AD, when I apply policies I don't see the effects in my machines !!!!
    I have to disable the Windows Automatic Updates and that applet don't suffer any effect !!!

When I apply another policies, the effect work very well.
    Someone know about it ???

Regards

Re: GPO don't apply

Originally posted by Guindoz View Post
    Hi guys

This is the firts time that I write here...

I have one problem in my AD, when I apply policies I don't see the effects in my machines !!!!
    I have to disable the Windows Automatic Updates and that applet don't suffer any effect !!!

When I apply another policies, the effect work very well.
    Someone know about it ???

Regards
    the computer setting policy apply after the computer restarts, the user setting after the user log off and log on, or every 90 minutes by default, or you can force the update for the entire policy by running this command
    gpupdate /force
    and it will prompt you to a restart if it's required, after then type rsop.msc in your run, and get your resultant set of policy, see if it's effected or not, if not, check your policy ineritace, force, and block enheritance, try to use the gpmc and make your result from there, and see what's blocking what for that specific group of computers

Comment

gpupdate /force
      usually works for me! also if you haven't done that till now, install gpmc. It has a few interesting features.

Comment

hello,

you should active the debug mode for GPO

look for userenvdebuglevel this is a registry key that fill up a log fill and
        after next reboot you can read the log file to see if your GPO is apply or not
        this is the related links you need

How to enable user environment debug logging in retail builds of Windows
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221833

when you get the userenv.log look for your GPO name and send information to here.

good luck

Comment

Working...
        X