Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Replication Problem

Good Day;

I am trying to create a new child domain but its giving an error like this when its installing active directory.Can somebody help me in this topic?

"The FSMO role ownership could not be verified because its directory

partition has not replicated succesfully with Atleast one replication

partner"

Thank You.

Re: AD Replication Problem

Run DCDIAG from the windows support tools on your DC's and see if there are any error messages. Also, check your event logs on the DC's for any error messages.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
      Run DCDIAG from the windows support tools on your DC's and see if there are any error messages. Also, check your event logs on the DC's for any error messages.

Michael
      In DCDIAG everything was normal when i checked..

and in logs there was no errors except replication error.

Comment

If I remember correctly the "Infrastructure Master" role is responsible for all new domain additions. Make sure one of your DC's holds this role:

http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=3509

If no DC holds this role then you might have to sieze the role:

http://www.petri.com/seizing_fsmo_roles.htm

If one of your DC's does hold the role then try transfering it to another DC, wait for replication and then give it a try. If it works then you can either leave it on that DC or try transfering it back across to the original DC. Move the role may trigger the replication.

Hope this helps

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

the domain naming master is the responsible one for that

Ntdsutil: roles
          fsmo maintenance: Connections
          server connections: Connect to server dc01
          Binding to dc01 ...
          Connected to dc01 using credentials of locally logged on user.
          server connections: Quit
          fsmo maintenance: select Operation Target
          select operation target: List roles for connected server

seems like you have a server that own the FSMO role that had been long time since it's successfully replicated, you can seize it, but try first to fix the replication otherwise the out-of-sync problem will be faced

get me the last replication by repadmin /showrepl and ensure each server that exist in your repls are physically found and operational

to demote the remote server and recreate it is the best practice, but beware of the new objects there that never been replicated will be lost, i doubt in DNS problem, or a test DC that you made and didn't remove it by dcpromo, just unpluged and stand still in your AD database, go check this article if you want to replicate from the other server first
          http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true

after all, tell me updates

Comment

Ah yeah it is the "domain naming master"

Apologies for the incorrect information.

Michael
            Michael Armstrong
            www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Thank you all.Problem have been solved.We created Child Domain succesfully...

Comment

Working...
              X