Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join to domain

hi everbody

i have a server that installed active directory and domain name balkan.local

and i have client computers working in this domain.

a new employee started working in our company and i created a new account for him. member of this user is Domain Users.

and then i tried to join his computer to balkan.local domain with new user account but Acces denied error messages appears when i type user account and password...

what can be the problem? thanks alot
    Nothing...

Re: Join to domain

Users accounts should be allowed to join up to 10 workstations to a domain by default. Have you changed the policy for this?

Why not just add the users workstation to the domain using your admin account? That will quickly get the user up and running

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

What i am understand is you created a domain user account for the new user joined in your company and you try to add his computer in to the domain with his newly created user account .

The user you are created is a member of domain users, The domain users doesn't have permissions to add the computer in to domain. please try to add the system in to domain using your domain administrator account.

Regards,
      Venkatesan S

Comment

sysvenka is right, you must have a user associated with Administrator (on the ou or on the domain.) in order to join a comp to the domain.
        if that doesnt work you can try something else.
        you can add manually the computer account in the AD and then join the computer.
        furthermore, assure that your DNS, IP and Subnet are correct.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X