Move users back into original domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move users back into original domain

We have two internal domains, v.com.au & s.com.au. Users were created in the s.com.au domain and had mailbox attached to the mail server XMAIL in the v.com.au domain.

One day, the admins here could not add or delete the mailboxes on the users in the s.com.au domain, so they re-created the users in the v.com.au domain with the mailboxes added. They then gave access rights to each respective user still in the s.com.au domain to the mailbox of the respective user now in the v.com.au domain so that the users in the s.com.au domain could access their email. Somehow, maybe with a devine hand, this worked. And is still working today.

Now I'm here. I have fixed up all the DNS issues in the multi-domain network and feel confident that I can now add the mailbox rights back to the original users in the s.com.au domain. My question is how do I go about this?

My thoughts are to use ADMT to migrate and merge the users in the s.com.au OU on the v.com.au domain into the Users OU of the s.com.au domain. Will this merge the mailbox setup of each user in the v.com.au domain with the respective users in the s.com.au domain? I can't see this working as the SIDs of the same user in both domain will be different.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |
Working...
X