No announcement yet.

Refresh ADUC display

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh ADUC display

I'm running a windows 2000 domain and when i look in "Active Directory Users And Computers" i see three colums : name, type description.

for example in the history there are two users created :
    First -> RobbyW (Robby Williams), he is displayed RobbyW .
    Second -> Elton John, he is displayed Elton John.

What is displayed is the displayname in the user properties.
    But when i change the displayname RobbyW to Robby Williams, nothing happens

When i change the description field of the user it does refresh in the overview.

My question : Is there any way to refresh the displayname when it is edited ???

Re: Refresh ADUC display

Little correction to your post.
    What you are talking about Display Name is actually "Name" (firstname+initial+last name)
    ADUS will not display "Display Name" in default view.
    You have to add "Display Name" in the Add/Remove columns & it get refreshed as you change it.

But "Name" do not get refreshed as you highlighted.
    Attached Files
    MCSE 2003,MCSA- Messaging 2003, VCP

You're right ..., i have added the column "display name"and there it does refresh.

But then back to my post.

When i create a user and fill in the first and last name (Robby , Williams) i do see Robby Williams under the collumn name.

When i create a user and do not fill first/lastname and just fill in RobbyW, i do see RobbyW under the collumn name.

That's why i thought it should be able to refresh the column name ...

its just displaying the 2000 logon name i believe, since there is no other data in the other fields, otherwise you would have an account that had an icon and no name... im thinking it makes you a name by force. gotta have it... for display tracking and sids... but not exactly sure.
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...