Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTDS Settings - Connections

Hi

I am currently trying to decommission the main DC. It is the original one based at our HQ (DC1). We also have another DC at HQ (DC2). I have moved all FSMO roles over to DC2. We also have 3 more DCs at other sites. In the NTDS settings DC1 shows all other DCs. DC2 however only shows DC1. If i go into the NTDS Settings properties of DC1 it shows on the Connections tab that it replicates To and From all other DCs. If i go into the NTDS Settings of DC2 the Connections tab shows that it only replicates To and From DC1. Therefore if i decommission DC1 how will replication take place between DC2 and the other remaining DCs?

Thanks

Jez

Re: NTDS Settings - Connections

Hi jezneedley
    Can you please explain your question. In order to determine the way I need to know how many AD Sites are present in your network?

Comment

Re: NTDS Settings - Connections

There are 4 sites. The 1st site has 2 DCs. The first is the main DC which i wish to decommission. The second is the one I wish to take over. I have already moved all FSMO roles over to the second DC. The three other sites each have DCs also.
      The main DC at site one
      shows all of the other 4 DCs in the NTDS settings. The second DC at site one only shows DC1. If i go into the NTDS Settings properties of the first DC it shows on the Connections tab that it replicates To and From all other DCs. If i go into the NTDS Settings of the second DC the Connections tab shows that it only replicates To and From the first DC.
      So, if i was to take down the fist DC now how would the new main DC (the second DC) replicate to all other DCs if they do not currently show up in the NTDS settings?

Comment

Working...
      X