Remove un-inherited permissions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove un-inherited permissions

Does anyone have any experience with the DSACLS command that can tell me a way to strip un-inherited permissions from DS objects inside a given OU?

I changed the permissions on the OU, to apply to this object and all child objects; but it has not removed the old "per-object" permissions, it's simply added the inherited ones on. I want ONLY the permissions inherited from the OU to be in effect.

Anyone know of a funky way to do this without manually "Doing" each object?

Thanks

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Re: Remove un-inherited permissions

In fact, new objects created in this OU are getting a whole host of other permissions I did not define... where are they coming from and why is the new object not getting its permissions from its parent?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

err.... *AHEM*... *BUMP*

Tom

Comment

Don't forget that it is the weekend Tom. Viewing numbers drop substantially so it might be another 2 days before the thread gets some hits.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

OK, what about now? :P

Tom

Comment

like just to get the object back to the default permissions for the OU?

/resetDefaultDACL will restore the DACL of the said object to defaults, according to the schema definition for that OU...

or maybe:
            DSACLS "CN=All Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=company,D C=com" /S

im not sure if thats what you mean or what... hope thats close.
            its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
            Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

No... I customised permissions on the OU, and I want those permissions to "inherit" down onto the objects (Like they do with NTFS permissions - when you change the permissions on a folder, all folders and files in it take on the new permissions).

They didn't.

I want a way to propagate those customised permissions onto the objects in the OU, and for new objects created in it to also inherit those custom permissions.... and for all existing (wrong) permissions on those objects to be removed.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X