Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Services related to Event log

Good day,
    I am trying to run Event lviewer but I am recieving message that the service on which Event viewer is dependant it is stop. Is any one know which service event viewer is dependant on.
    regards

Re: Services related to Event log

Just had a quick look and the event log service is not dependant on any other service to start. There are certain services that are dependant on the Event Log service.

if you check the services running on your machine what state is the "Event Log" service?

P.S. Can you also please provide what system you are having issues on i.e. Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista etc and can a MOD please then move it into the appropriate forum as I dont think it should be in the AD forum.

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

thanks for your advice m80rm. I discovered the solution. It was a virus in my systems and that virus was giving me same message whenever i try to start any administrative tools.

Comment

Excellant

Glad your sorted and thanks for posting back

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X