Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i DCpromo?

Hi,
    I have new server for AD and DNS. So i want to remove AD from Old server. what i have done, i replicated to new server. my quection is, if i remove AD from Old server, Does AD delete from New server too?
    How can i move Domain controller from old server to new server?
    should i select "this server is the last domain controller in the domain" ?????

Thanks
    Lasantha

Re: how do i DCpromo?

I hope this article helps. That's from the Petri website which has all sorts of useful stuff on it, and there is a handy search facility too.

That article addresses your issue and talks about the FSMO roles too, which you'll need to know about.
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Originally posted by Lasanthajn View Post
      How can i move Domain controller from old server to new server?
      should i select "this server is the last domain controller in the domain" ?????

Thanks
      Lasantha
      I would like you to have a long think about that question. When removing the obslete AD server from the Domain, is it really the "this server is the last domain controller in the domain"?

As for the rest of your post, it contains insufficient info. What does "replicated to new server" mean?

Have a read of the below article and then post back with questions you will have. The more info you can supply about your setup and the exact steps you have taken, the better we will be able to answer your questions.

http://www.petri.com/how_to_install_...ndows_2003.htm

Note, there are addition related links below the above article that you will find informative and helpful.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks Man,
        I'll try it

Good luck
        Lasantha

Comment

Working...