• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asr

How I can to do ASR if I dont have Floppy Disk Driver
    Thank u

Re: Asr

Huh? Floppy disk driver or floppy disk drive? Would you care to add a bit more info.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

O.P. means without a floppy disk drive, I think, but I'm just guessing here

OK so here's how to do it:

Perform your ASR backup. As well as the backup set, this will create two files on your hard drive, asr.sif and asrpnp.sif which are in your windows\repair folder. Copy these to another medium, like a usb drive or a CDRW, a network share, or even email them to yourself, your imagination is the only limit...

OK so now you have these two files - put them on a floppy disk that you've got on another computer's floppy disk drive. This makes doing the restore easier. (to restore, temporarily attach a FDD to your server). But even if you really have no other computer with a floppy disk drive, you can still do the restore - you'll need to use a Remote Installation Services server but I've never done that so I won't comment any further, just be aware it can be done.
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.
      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Originally posted by Mayoub_83 View Post
        How I can to do ASR if I dont have Floppy Disk Driver
        Thank u
        Please use more descriptive thread titles and posts in the future.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X