netdiag ERRORS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• netdiag ERRORS

I am trying to install Exchange Server 2003 on my server. You need to run netdiag to make sure your settings are correct. I am getting the following errors:

DNS test . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Passed
    [WARNING] Cannot find a primary authoritative DNS server for the name
    'xxxx.xxxxx.net.'. [ERROR_TIMEOUT]
    The name 'xxxx.xxxxx.net.' may not be registered in DNS.
    PASS - All the DNS entries for DC are registered on DNS server 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XX' and other DCs also have some of the names registered.

Redir and Browser test . . . . . . : Failed
    List of NetBt transports currently bound to the Redir
    [FATAL] The redir isn't bound to any NetBt transports.

List of NetBt transports currently bound to the browser
    [FATAL] The browser isn't bound to any NetBt transports.
    [FATAL] Cannot send mailslot message to '\\CYNDIGO0*\MAILSLOT\NET\NETLOGON' via redir. [ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED]

I was hoping to get some help understanding these errors. Thank you.

Re: netdiag ERRORS

open the dnsmgmt.msc from the Run, which is your dns console, check if there is a zone for yout internal active directory name space there or not, if not make primary intergrated one , then you run netdiag /fix .. even you find the zone exit, run netdiag /fix , then restart netlogon service and put the result for the last netdiag, and dcdiag if possible

Comment

I only have the zone for the domain name, for example acme.net. What is the internal active directory name space? Is that the name of the dns server?

Comment

Originally posted by joes4tune View Post
        I only have the zone for the domain name, for example acme.net. What is the internal active directory name space? Is that the name of the dns server?
        NO , many ways to see what domain you are member of and a zone of that name must exist in DNS with its SRVs records
        right click on my computer and check the suffix of the computer name, that's your AD name space

Comment

Working...
        X