X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Replication with NATted addresses

Hi,

Please I need help urgently.

I am tasked with implementing AD replication with two bridgehead servers, BH1 and BH2 using NATted IP addresses. Do you think there will be any DNS name resolution problem? Replication would be done via RPC.

Also, when creating AD sites for this Bridgehead Servers which address should I associate with their subnets. Is it the local IP configured on their TCP/IP properties
    window or the translated NAT IP?

Thanks

Re: AD Replication with NATted addresses

Originally posted by precioustony View Post
    Hi,

Please I need help urgently.

I am tasked with implementing AD replication with two bridgehead servers, BH1 and BH2 using NATted IP addresses. Do you think there will be any DNS name resolution problem? Replication would be done via RPC.

Also, when creating AD sites for this Bridgehead Servers which address should I associate with their subnets. Is it the local IP configured on their TCP/IP properties
    window or the translated NAT IP?

Thanks
    it's not a must for replication to setup subnets, its just to make the site specific records that enable the user to logon to which DC, the whole matter will be name resolution, they must resolve each other's, try to ping eatch other's name by its FQDN if replied seems ok, if not try to conditional forward your DNS servers or do anything to resolve the name, at least use the hosts file .. offcourse after successful ping by ip addresses, to ensure routing is successful

try to use mapaint to paint for us a nice picture to fully understand what you wanna tell

Comment

Working...
    X