Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delegate Control Leads to Logon failure

Hi,

We have a situation where the domain controllers are not available to us and we are only allowed access to an OU. We were told that the OU Admins were created by delegating control in AD to the OU. We set up a test environment and used the delegate control wizard.

I have created an application (C#) that logs on to the LDAP server and gets/sets some information. If I log on with

LDAP://dc=MyCompany,dc=com or
    LDAP://ou=DelegatedOrg,dc=MyCompany,dc=com

I get an error "Logon Failure: unknown user name or bad password." But if I use

LDAP://MyCompany.com

with the same credentials I get in fine. I can see the whole tree, but I cannot change any information except that which I have been delegated. That is expected. But why can't I log in with the other notation?

Thanks,

Richard

Re: Delegate Control Leads to Logon failure

My understanding in this is limited but I think that what you're doing is connecting to the LDAP server and then you run a query.

e.g. LDAP://mycompany.com/ou=DelegatedOrg,dc=MyCompany,dc=com
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Yes, that is what I am doing. But I usually have gone to the root and used the

LDAP://dc=MyCompany,dc=com

notation, and it has worked this far. I would rather not have to change over my application to parse the LDAP string if I don't have to.

The main thing is it doesn't make sense to me why the notation doesn't work once it uses an account that has delegated control.

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

Yes, that is puzzling and I'm afraid we've reached the limits of my knowledge on the subject.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X