X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Replication At Sites & Services

Hi,

Im quite a newbie to AD and its replication so please bear with me

Im trying to "replicate now" between two servers in the same site within Sites and Services, one server replicates fine but when I do it on the other server it comes up with.

The following error occurred during the attempt to synchronize naming context Configuration from domain controller "server" to domain controller "server":
    Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect.

This operation will not continue.

Can anyone sched any light on this. I know AD replicates with three partitions - Im guessing its referring to one of those partitions "Configuration" partition....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dave

Re: Active Directory Replication At Sites & Services

Why are you trying to force replication? Personally I'm far happier to wait the 15 minutes, have a cup of tea etc. and let Windows do its thing. If you then get errors you'll need to run "DCDIAG" on the offending Domain controller to see if it can figure out what the issue is.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

What does DCDIAG do?

You will have to excuse my ignorance like I say Im really new to AD, I create accounts etc, but recently have got more involved in the workings of AD.

Regards

Dave

Comment

DCDIAG DIAGnoses problems with Domain Controllers. On a Domain Controller, open a command prompt and type

DCDIAG >C:\diag.txt /?

Then open C:\diag.txt in notepad. It will show you how to use it to check what's going wrong with replication on your poorly DC.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

for advanced diagnosis try these tools
          replmon
          repadmin /showconn
          repadmin /showreps
          ultrasound
          and you can make use of the burflag DWORD editing to reset your FRS

Comment

Hi Hill,
            Your situation shows me itz connection problem. did u delete default AD connections between your sites and then made by your self? . This problem usually occurs when connectors are not created properly. tell me are you using default connector ? if not configure your connectors.

Comment

Working...
            X