No announcement yet.

For Move AD to new server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Move AD to new server

If anyone know software for backup, Move AD?
    Bcos I want to move my AD to New Server. I would like to have third party software to do it.

Thanks, Lasantha.

Re: For Move AD to new server

Why? Why not just build a new server, DCPromo it, transfer all the FSMO roles, make it a GC, wait for replication and then DCPROMO the old server down?

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Then, I can't use same name to new server. It's mean, I'll get problem with my share folders, share printers. Bcos I did map using host name.
      Is that possible to change host name after i replicate?

Good luck, Lasantha

Changing name can get messy. Have a look at (yes, it says SBS but it works on other servers as well) if you want to move from old server to new server and keep it all the same. The Swing tool is not free but it will save you bucketloads of time and hassles.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015

Well Done Biggles77

I see I have got you fully converted to the Swing Migration idea. It really does answer the OP's concerns!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]

Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

How about Umove (
            Did anyone try Umove software?