Email Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Names

Hi everyone, this is probably a very stupid and easy question but the options i tried did not work. We just migrated from NT4 to SBS2003 (this post has to do with AD, SBS, Exchange so i posted here) and before each persons name would be displayed as "Bob Smith" as their name in an email. Since we have migrated it now shows "bob smith".

I have tried changing First Name, Last Name, Display Name and even Right clicking on the user and selecting rename.
    How do i change it?

TIA

Matty

Re: Email Names

Where are you viewing the names from? Outlook? If so, give it some time to let it update.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

thanks, will let you know how it goes

Comment

The only difference I can see is no capital letters in their name. Is this the problem you are having?

Also, if you are running SBS the correct location for the post would be the SBS Forum. Ta.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Right click on the doman and do find, search for the user, Right click the username and click rename, This will bring up a different rename menu then just right clicking rename in the OU, i know its weird but thats how it is. make sure theirs no lowercase bob smiths in their.
          MCSE 2000\2003, A+
          00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

Comment

@PCking very intresting. But exactly how does it help ?

I think think the best way is too change disply name and eiter wait of force a refresh from exchange system manager
            Please give points where appropriate

<I dont create ready scripts for you, but I'm willing to point you in the right direction>

Comment

The reason why i wanted the first letters of first and last name is so that when an email is sent it doesnt come up a bob smith in lower case, it looks more professional as Bob Smith.

I didnt realise that it took a bit of time to update. All you have to do is right click on the user and select rename!

Thanks for the replies

Comment

So are they displaying correctly now?
                Regards,
                Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Yep, all is working properly. Just needed time to update.....You learn so much that textbooks cant teach you being a IT Junior!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Pulsen;71212You learn so much that textbooks cant teach you being a IT Junior!!![/QUOTE]

Snap! I recently experienced a similar thing with the global address book. Even when users had the "do not publish in directory" selected it took a while to update. After some research, i discovered that when using "cached exchange mode" it can take 24 hours to refresh.

Comment

Working...
                    X