Use LDAP to verify Username/Password [was: active directory]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use LDAP to verify Username/Password [was: active directory]

- i want to pass password and username to function of currect windows account to return true or false
    - i want to check password of username what can i do?
    - i want to make authentication of my project to same as authentication of windows

summary
    I would like to use LDAP to verif y Username/Password (Use the same Username/Password that login in Windows)
    Last edited by saudyonline; 21st May 2007, 11:45.

Re: active directory

Why not let Windows do the authentication, you concentrate on connecting to resources. Whatever user the script runs under, is the credentials which will be passed to the resource authenticator.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
      Why not let Windows do the authentication, you concentrate on connecting to resources. Whatever user the script runs under, is the credentials which will be passed to the resource authenticator.

i want to make authentication of my project to be same as authentication of windows

Comment

That is the default; you don't need to do anything about authentication in your project. Tell your project what resources to connect to, and Windows will handle authentication.

Unless of course you mean you want to CODE authentication which is LIKE Windows. In which case you have a BIG BIG coding job ahead...

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Can you also please choose a more descriptive title for your post. "Active Directory" in an "Active Directory" forum really isn't enough info.

Ta

Michael

** If any MODS for the forum see this please help him out **
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
            Can you also please choose a more descriptive title for your post. "Active Directory" in an "Active Directory" forum really isn't enough info.

Ta

Michael

** If any MODS for the forum see this please help him out **
            I can help him out......which way did he come in?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X