No announcement yet.

Questions about upgrading winNT to active directory

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about upgrading winNT to active directory

Hi everyone. I am taking a windows 2000 class at school and have a project as the following. Could anyone kindly give me some advice please. Thank you.

10 minutes presentation of your plan to upgrade from an Windows NT domain to Active Directory. You can choose either to upgrade to Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 but you must tell me why you are upgrading to either one and what is the benefit and disadvantages. Your company currently has 10,000 employees all over the world. You have 3 NT domains named twilight_zone, West_zone, and East_zone. The 3 domains are connected via T1 lines and bandwidth is critical. Tell me how many sites you will configure and why. You have DHCP assigning IP addresses, WINS, and Bind DNS running on a UNIX server. You will have to tell me your upgrade strategy. The upgrade must be transparent to the users and no downtime is acceptable. In addition, you must make sure that you must be able to roll back to the previous NT environment if you face some problems during the upgrade. You can change the environment and services like DNS but you must tell me the plan how to and why and make it transparent to any user