Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing AD groups error

Hi,
    Would anyone know why I can get all group memberships from a domain controller but cannot from almost all workstations. I get the following error: "A global catalog cannot be located to retrieve the icons for the member list. Some icons may not be shown"
    Thanks in advance,
    Paul

Re: Accessing AD groups error

Are the DC's on the same network as the clients? How many DC's are configured as GC servers and where are they logically with respect to the clients? Can you ping a DC which is a GC?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: Accessing AD groups error

Hi,
      There are 3 dc's of which 2 are on the same LAN (these are the primary / secondary dns servers) and one is over a 2mb wan link. There are 2GC's and 1 dc left as the infrastructure master. I can ping both of the gc servers from my pc no problem, so I'm thinking, not sure though, that it's an xp issue with my machine as I just queried group membership from a pc in another country using rdp successfully.
      Thanks,
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X