No announcement yet.

reporting software

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reporting software

howdy. here's what i'm looking for/need to do:

we got a pretty small company with only about 80 users in the ad. some shares are mapped via ou's/groups (project managers get rights to the 'logistics' folder); some users are given specific permissions (bob can read/write 'logistics\ups').

my boss wants a report on each user, and which shares they have access to. i set up an ldap query, but that info just isn't there. is there a native solution or 3rd party app someone can recommend?

Re: reporting software

Have you ever tried AccessEnum
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Re: reporting software

thx, lior_s. pretty interesting. not exactly what we need. i suppose i'll be looking into some 3rd party app. one of the problems with accesenum is that it won't start at the root of a server. it needs \\server\share as a starting path (unless i'm missing something. very likely!).

ya know, maybe i should have posted this in 'networking.' i guess i was using 'ad' synonymously with 'domain.' i suppose what i really want is a tool that will scan every folder on the domain and give me user|folders in either an mdb or csv so i can sort as i like.

that make sense?