Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child domain not work if the main DC goes offline

hi all

i faced this problem two days ago, if the connection to the main domain controller down any user at the child dmain can't login with his/her username even the child domain controller is up and running when the connection to the main network establish all things back to normal
    each site have a PDC and BDC

Re: child domain not work if the main DC goes offline

Any error events in the event log on the DC's in the child domain?
    Have you ran netdiag and dcdiag on a DC to ensure everything is OK (esp DNS)?
    What troubleshooting techniques have you alread went through?

A bit more info would be ideal!

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: child domain not work if the main DC goes offline

Originally posted by SNMS View Post
      hi all

i faced this problem two days ago, if the connection to the main domain controller down any user at the child dmain can't login with his/her username even the child domain controller is up and running when the connection to the main network establish all things back to normal
      each site have a PDC and BDC
      Is the parent DC the sole DNS server that your workstations are pointing at for name resolution?
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
      X