No announcement yet.

AD sharing with Sharepoint services on windows 2003 server in sbs 2003 domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD sharing with Sharepoint services on windows 2003 server in sbs 2003 domain

Hi,

I don't know how to formulate the question I have in the title but when I explain I hope you can advise me.

I administrate 2 companies with both their own domain with each an 2003 SBS server and each a standard 2003 file/print server that is hooked up on the sbs domain.

I was looking for a sharepoint solution that would allow both companies to share one intranet site. With this however I would exceed the 75 user limitation that SBS has.
    I called microsoft and they told me that if I would install the sharepoint services on the file/print server than I could use more than 75 users on sharepoint. The people of the other company wouldn't have a login or e-mail account, but would be able to use sharepoint.

Microsoft told be I only needed to buy server calls for the standard server to be able to run this.

My question is how then will I add users? Can I add them to the SBS server in the AD? But how then do I tell the AD that these are only going to logon to sharepoint?

I can't find anything on this until now on the net, hope somebody can advise.

Thank you
Working...
X