Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open server object as a container and move printers to another OU

Hey guys and gals,
    I think I can remeber opening the server object in AD as a container and move printers from that object to another Organizational Unit. I've been talking to our friend, , but he didn't know. Or I asked the wrong questions, it always boils down to asking the "right questions" or you might be sitting there with a note saying 42... Oh, I'm rambling now.

Anyhow, can anyone else remember doing something similar?
    Last edited by Anders; 18th April 2007, 13:04. Reason: Changed topic to flag the post as solved.
    A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Re: Open server object as a container and move printers to another OU

Look at the View menu in ADUC..... that should be enough, right?.... or I could just post a pic...
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Solved. It's so easy I'm quite embarrassed.

1. Start Active Directory for Users and Computers.
      2. Click on View in the menu and click on Users, Groups and Computers as containers.

Now you can expand the Objects.

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Comment

JeremyW: Yeah, just noticed it. Wrote my post at the same time as you did =)

Comment

NP
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
          X