My Document redirection...!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Document redirection...!

Hello all....
    I have Win 2003 Standard and I want to make this:
    I would like to login to an account from all the pc's in the network and I want to have the "my documents" folder allways update.
    I simply use the pc 1 for 10 minutes and I create a text file which I save it in the "my documents" folder.
    After 30 minutes I go to the pc 25 and when I login with my account (username and password) I want to see in my documents the text file that I was created in the pc 1.

Sorry for my English...
    Best Regards....
    I try the folder redirect but I cann't do that work.
    Please advise step by step if possible.....

Re: My Document redirection...!

I try the desktop redirection and everything is ok.

But I still got problem with the "My Documents" redirection.
    I make exactly the same like I did with the desktop but nothing happens.... And when I make a right click-properties in the "My Documents" icon on the desktop I can see that the shortcut of the "My Documents" is in the local C and not in the server share folder.

Any suggestion? Anyone.......?

Re: My Document redirection...!

We dont use folder redirection. We simply specify the home drive in each users AD properties. My Documents is then set to the correct location.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **