No announcement yet.

Track Group Policy Changes

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Group Policy Changes

We have a windows 2003 domain. Recently we have noticed that some administrators are changing the group policies.

Can I audit these group policy changes
    Can I know which adminstrator has done what kind of changes to which group policy

Not with the native W2K3 tools...
    You might try to script daily snapshots of GPOs (look at the sample scripts that come with GPMC), but you will not be able to tell WHO did the changes and producing the diffs will be not an easy work.

You might want to look at (depending on the size of your AD) either at Fazam from FullArmor or at Active Administrator from SmallWonders (Script Logic these days).

I have worked with both. FAZAM is more powerfull, but if all you want is tracking the GPO changes you might find Active Administrator quite helpfull (I have deployed it in our production AD).

What I like about Active Administrator is that the development team is open to new feature requests and is very fast in fixing bugs.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

GP Guardian

Use Group Policy Guardian software. Its very useful one. It tracks each and every changes to the GP. Even I faced the same probs and now Iam gud. You can download the trial version it is for one mth.

You need to install SQL in order to install this.

Ananth PC