Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users with OWA (Outlook Web Access)

Hi,

I currently use CSVDE to export object information from Active Directory, but there is no way of determining if a user has OWA enabled.

Can anyone suggest a good method of compiling a list of users with OWA access?

Many Thanks,

Adam

Re: Users with OWA (Outlook Web Access)

OWA access is enabled by default and unless the setting has been manually altered for a specific user, the relevant attribute in the AD will be empy, meaning the access is allowed.
    The interesting thing is that if you manually disable and after that enable OWA access, the attribute will be stamped and will explicitly state that OWA access is enabled.
    The attribute in question is protocolSettings and it contains information about Exchange protocols enabled for the specific object (it can be OWA, MAPI (in Exchange 2007), etc...)

In order to get the list of user accounts with OWA disabled, you can use the following LDAP query:
    Code:
    C:\>dsquery * -filter "&(objectcategory=person)(objectclass=user)(mailnickname=*)(protocolsettings=*OWA§0*)"
    OWA enabled user accounts with mailboxes:
    Code:
    C:\>dsquery * -filter "&(objectcategory=person)(objectclass=user)(mailnickname=*)(homemdb=*)(!protocolsettings=*OWA§0*)"
    Last edited by guyt; 10th March 2007, 02:03. Reason: missing "(homemdb=*)" in the second query
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Thanks for the response - I have looked at the 'protocolSettings' field in the CSVDE export and as you rightly say the value should be NULL if OWA is enabled.

I did have OWA disabled in the past but it is is currently enabled, so the field shows:
      X'48545450c2a730c2a731c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7'

However, this it shows exactly the same value in all other users fields that have OWA disabled at the moment?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
      Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adamctb View Post
        I did have OWA disabled in the past but it is is currently enabled, so the field shows:
        X'48545450c2a730c2a731c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7'

However, this it shows exactly the same value in all other users fields that have OWA disabled at the moment?
        Sorry for the confusion. In Exchange 2007 you need to search for (protocolsettings=*OWA§0*). In Exchange 2000/2003 it's (protocolsettings=HTTP§0*).

In any case, if you look closer at the output you have and conver it from hex to ASCI, you will get:
        HTTP§0§1§§§§§§

See the "0" ? This is what you should be looking for...

Code:
        Enabled: HTTP§1§1§§§§§§
        Disabled: HTTP§0§1§§§§§§

Disabled: X'48545450c2a730c2a731c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7'
        Enabled: X'48545450c2a731c2a731c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7c2a7'
        See how 30 turned to 31 ?
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Guyt - Thank you very much for all your assistance, I didnt noticed the difference between the enabled and disabled values when looking through the csv in their ASCII format!

Adam

Comment

Working...
          X