Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 AD and GPO not applying

Hi,
    I am having what appears to be a unique issue on one of my DC's. Every 5 minutes the system registers an event 1058 and 1030. I have read many article based on these events but they all deal with Access Denied. That is not what I am getting here. This is the actual error:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1058
    Date: 3/1/2007
    Time: 8:33:37 AM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: DC1
    Description:
    Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO cn={E60B1D63-FE34-4407-A2A5-664DD9D10920},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=domain1,DC= local. The file must be present at the location <\\domain1.local\SysVol\domain1.local\Policies\{E6 0B1D63-FE34-4407-A2A5-664DD9D10920}\gpt.ini>. (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    As you can see the error is Insufficient system resources. However this is a new system with a Xeon 3.8Ghz Processor, Gigabit Nic, and 1 Gb of memory. The System acts as a DC, DNS and WSUS Server. I ran performance logs on the system and nothing seemed out of whack. The second DC is a much older system run DC, DNS, DHCP, and back up software. That server is not having any issues or error. I really would like to get this error solved. If log on to DC1 and try an edit that GPO (default domain) the system crashes on me. All other ones I can edit fine. Any help would be great. So far all I have seen was this MS KB... KB911989.

Re: Server 2003 AD and GPO not applying

Bump....
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Just a suggestion: http://x220.minasi.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15363
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.
      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Still getting the issue. This is a constant every 5 minutes error in the logs. I am unable to access any GPO's from this DC and I have not found any other post on the internet with this issue. I have seen the access denied and other one but not (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. ) So if anyone else has any suggestions I would very much appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by rever75 View Post
          Still getting the issue. This is a constant every 5 minutes error in the logs. I am unable to access any GPO's from this DC and I have not found any other post on the internet with this issue. I have seen the access denied and other one but not (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. ) So if anyone else has any suggestions I would very much appreciate it.
          Typically, if Event ID 1058 and Event ID 1030 occur, they are logged by client computers and member servers when the computer starts. Domain controllers log these events every five minutes.

You might look for other errors in the event log for replication issues, 13568 for example.

Here is the fix for it (basically blows away sysvol and rebuilds it on next poll.):

A Replica set hits JRNL_WRAP_ERROR when the record that it is trying to read from the NTFS USN journal is not found. This can occur because of one of the following reasons.

[1] Volume "\\.\C:" has been formatted.
          [2] The NTFS USN journal on volume "\\.\C:" has been deleted.
          [3] The NTFS USN journal on volume "\\.\C:" has been truncated. Chkdsk can truncate the journal if it finds corrupt entries at the end of the journal.
          [4] File Replication Service was not running on this computer for a long time.
          [5] File Replication Service could not keep up with the rate of Disk IO activity on "\\.\C:".
          Setting the "Enable Journal Wrap Automatic Restore" registry parameter to 1 will cause the following recovery steps to be taken to automatically recover from this error state.
          [1] At the first poll, which will occur in 5 minutes, this computer will be deleted from the replica set. If you do not want to wait 5 minutes, then run "net stop ntfrs" followed by "net start ntfrs" to restart the File Replication Service.
          [2] At the poll following the deletion this computer will be re-added to the replica set. The re-addition will trigger a full tree sync for the replica set.

WARNING: During the recovery process data in the replica tree may be unavailable. You should reset the registry parameter described above to 0 to prevent automatic recovery from making the data unexpectedly unavailable if this error condition occurs again.

To change this registry parameter, run regedit.

Click on Start, Run and type regedit.

Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
          Click down the key path:
          "System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Parameter s"
          Double click on the value name
          "Enable Journal Wrap Automatic Restore"
          and update the value.

If the value name is not present you may add it with the New->DWORD Value function under the Edit Menu item. Type the value name exactly as shown above

Comment

Well I am not getting any errors on replication. I have check the ntfrs logs and ran replmon. Everything is replicating without issue. Like I stated I can create new users, groups and even GPO's and they will replicate. I also am not having any issue connection to the SysVol on that computer. All permission on the GPO's are correct.

Not sure if this has anything to do with my issue. I found this on Microsofts KB...... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838184
            Last edited by rever75; 14th May 2007, 17:04.

Comment

Hi,
              I am having what appears to be a unique issue on one of my DC's. Every 5 minutes the system registers an event 1058 and 1030. I have read many article based on these events but they all deal with Access Denied. That is not what I am getting here. This is the actual error:

As you can see the error is Insufficient system resources. However this is a new system with a Xeon 3.8Ghz Processor, Gigabit Nic, and 1 Gb of memory. The System acts as a DC, DNS and WSUS Server. I ran performance logs on the system and nothing seemed out of whack. The second DC is a much older system run DC, DNS, DHCP, and back up software. That server is not having any issues or error. I really would like to get this error solved. If log on to DC1 and try an edit that GPO (default domain) the system crashes on me. All other ones I can edit fine. Any help would be great. So far all I have seen was this MS KB... KB911989.
              Can you edit that GPO on another DC?

Comment

Yes I can edit and apply the GPO on another DC. I ran network monitor on the faulting DC and watched everything occur. Replication, DNS, and everything is functioning normally I just cannot edit or apply GPO's.

Comment

Yes I can edit and apply the GPO on another DC. I ran network monitor on the faulting DC and watched everything occur. Replication, DNS, and everything is functioning normally I just cannot edit or apply GPO's.
                  Maybe something got corrupted at some point during replication on that DC. I might try blowing sysvol away and let it replicate fully again to see if it fixes it.

Comment

Well I blew away Sysvol per your instructions above. Sysvol was recreated without issue. However, I am still getting these errors on the DC. I have disable about everything that is running on this server to see about freeing up System Resources but still not resolved. As I have stated earlier running performance monitor on the system showed nothing out of the ordinary. I am at wits end on this one. Although I am getting these error the system functions normally.

Comment

Hi,

Out of curiosity, have you gone into your SYSVOL folder, and verified that the policy being listed in Event Viewer actually exisits?? May want to compare what is stored on the DC with the problem, with a DC that is not generating the error.

May also want to look at the following KB from Microsoft (not sure on what version of Windows you are running).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842804
                      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887303

As you said, it is not dealing with exactly the same error message, but I would still run through that last KB article.

Comment

Working...
                      X