X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadow copies

Hello everybody
    I try to working with shadow copies
    Now I make right click on drive d:\ and chosen the option shadow copies and enable it to work after this I run the file" twcli32.msi"
    But now when I go to the folders and do right click I Supposed to see in the tabs
    "Previous version" but I not
    what I need to do moor
    I have server 2003 enterprise thanks for answer

Moti mashiah

Re: shadow copies

Do you have the Shadow Copy Client installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I run Shadow Copy and absolutely love it.
    I have a external USB drive attached to our file server used strickly for Shadow Copies.
    I can restore files going back about 90 days with a few clicks of a mouse.

I still back the data to tape and send it off site. But with Shadow Copy my tapes are just for disaster recovery and not every day user error.

Comment

Originally posted by motimash View Post
      Hello everybody
      I try to working with shadow copies
      Now I make right click on drive d:\ and chosen the option shadow copies and enable it to work after this I run the file" twcli32.msi"
      But now when I go to the folders and do right click I Supposed to see in the tabs
      "Previous version" but I not
      what I need to do moor
      I have server 2003 enterprise thanks for answer

Moti mashiah
      thanks for ansew
      yes i have shadow copy client instlation on my server 2003 from this server i try to working with this

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyt49 View Post
        I can restore files going back about 90 days with a few clicks of a mouse.
        Unless I missed the change, Shadow Copy (VSS) would only backup 64 instances before it started over writing the oldest copies. If you left the default settings, that would give you 32 days of "copies".

When trying to access the "Previous Versions" tab while working ON the server, use a UNC path to the SHARE in the Run dialogue box. (\\servername\sharename)

IMPORTANT: As inferred above, Shadow Copy is NOT a backup and should NOT be used as a disaster recovery option.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X