• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change NETBIOS name

Dear friends

how can i change my netbios name in windows server 2003 it urgent ,,

friends kindly mail me at REMOVED BY MOD

i think i not clear the question ,, the thing is that when you log on to the any domain PC not sever ,there are 3 option Username,password and logon to (i want to change the logon name )
    Last edited by biggles77; 9th February 2007, 18:44.

Re: Change NETBIOS name

NetBIOS name is also called as computer name and hostname so simply change the computer name that will be your NETBIOS name.

Thanks

Syed

Comment

won't this cause any name resolution <knock on> effects?

Comment

Hello Mr. Simon,

I replied to the question he asked. He didnt asked me the effects and it all depends on which os he is going to do. It can be server os or client OS and scnario differs.

Thanks
        Skak

Comment

I am sorry Prior to the message above OS is mentioned win 2003 and again here is it a member server or a DC.

Thanks
          Skak

Comment

Amazing how the question changes as the thread progresses.

You just need to change the computer name (I assume on a workstation).

Right click 'my computer' > properties > computer name > change > "computer name".
            If you are in a domain, I suggest you leave the domain, rename, then rejoin.

Warning: Before leaving the domain make sure you know the local admin password.
            "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Mesum has been banned for life. Posting in wrong forums, adding his email address when asked NOT to, not reading the posting rules and generally not being a good member.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X