Re-adding a computer back into AD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-adding a computer back into AD

I deleted an old computer from AD and added a new computer to the domain and gave it the same name(THIS WAS THE COMPUTERS REPLACEMENT). Now I need to re-add the old computer again. When I do it doesn’t pick up any of the details for the old pc again.
    To add to the problems I cant access the laptop with the local account as it wont allow me to connect to it & so I cant reset the password???

Any suggestions how I can add this pc back onto the domain?

Re: Re-adding a computer back into AD

Originally posted by Deland01 View Post
    I deleted an old computer from AD and added a new computer to the domain and gave it the same name(THIS WAS THE COMPUTERS REPLACEMENT). Now I need to re-add the old computer again. When I do it doesn’t pick up any of the details for the old pc again.
    To add to the problems I cant access the laptop with the local account as it wont allow me to connect to it & so I cant reset the password???

Any suggestions how I can add this pc back onto the domain?
    Make it a member of the workgroup reboot, make it a member of the domain again.

If the above doesnt solve your problem, maybe u need explain better..
    Please give points where appropriate

<I dont create ready scripts for you, but I'm willing to point you in the right direction>

Comment

Re: Re-adding a computer back into AD

Not sure what "details" you need it to pick up; but you should boot it up (off the network), remove it from the domain while OFF the network, reboot, rename the PC, reboot, log in as admin and add it to the domain.

This will then allow you to log into the domain with the old PC.

If you've got problems logging into the local admin on the "old" machine, you need our "Lost Adminstrator Password" forum...

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
      X