Viewing Previous AD Settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing Previous AD Settings

Hey, i have a problem. I have a user account that was improperly created where the Home Folder was pointing to the wrong server. I looked at the previous location where the files were stored (and I swore I remembered the location that it was set to previously) and the location did not exist. Basically, to try and prove that I'm not going crazy, I was wondering if there was a way to view the previous setting for the user account Home folder setting to make sure that it was set to the folder that did not exist or if it was pointing somewhere else. I have checked for the user's folder on all possible servers as well as looked through backups and cannot find the files she is talking about. Is this possible to find the change in a log file or via some utility?

Re: Viewing Previous AD Settings

You could restore a system state backup from a couple of weeks ago onto a temporary domain controller which is not connected to the domain and have a look at her user account... but it seems a lot of work for this?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: Viewing Previous AD Settings

Yes, it really is. I was trying to make sure before I dropped the bad news on her. Apparently it was a file that she needed but it can be re-typed. I unfortunately do not have a spare box for a DC off of the network so I was unable to try this method. Thanks for your help. Well, I guess you can close this out.

Comment

Working...
      X