Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory First Name/Last Name

Hi Friends,

Could you please apprise me which force AD to use Last Name First Name or First Name Last Name for Full Name. I beleive its controlled through Exchange but where and how.

Have any body noticed if you create a New User Account in AD you will have One Extra Space before Comma in Full Name as Kumar, Sonu .. One Extra Space before Sonu .... What is the reason ..Is it Schmea or Configuration by Design How to recity it ... Any Help would be Appreciated ...

Re: Active Directory First Name/Last Name

How to change display names of Active Directory users:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/250455
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Appreciated but could you please let me know how come Widnows 2003 does have Extra Space before Last Name. I am very curious to know this as its creating ample chaos in my Environment.

How come in my environment its Last Name First Name from where its taking this configuration ........ Thanks A Ton

Comment

Originally posted by Sonu View Post
        Appreciated but could you please let me know how come Widnows 2003 does have Extra Space before Last Name. I am very curious to know this as its creating ample chaos in my Environment.
        Do you mean there are 2 spaces after the comma ? In either case take a look at the KB - it describes how to alter the settigns that control the way the DisplayName and Full Name are generated during account creation. Make sure the attribute is either not set (will generate accounts in the form of "First Last") or set it to what you want it to be
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Excellent ... you are absolutely Right .. It was %<sn>.%<givenName>. Extra Space before Last Name ... Just removed the space and it helped .... Superb ...

Comment

Working...
          X