Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain controller replication

hai,
    i have 2 dc 2003, first in the forest dc hold fsmo,gc,dhcp,dns,.
    the second dc is additional dc in the domain.
    replication work fine between the dc.(defult replication)
    my questions is ...
    if i do make changes to AD in one dc like "enable account" or "create user
    account",

if it possible that the user (that i enable is account) to login to domain even that the replication have not be start between the dc's in the domain?

if there is set of rules that says whice changes to AD replicate immediatly betwwen dc and others in default time ? and can i controll this rulles?

i expcted that "enable user account will replicate immediate"
    there is a sense in this thought ??

how AD controll this issue ( i am just abeginner admin)

thanks alot sharon and i hope that i am not breaking forum rules

Re: domain controller replication

Hi,

Might be worth making your second DC a GC and splitting the DHCp scopes over both servers incase one of them goes down.

Anyways - back to the question

if it possible that the user (that i enable is account) to login to domain even that the replication have not be start between the dc's in the domain?
    That's what the PDC emulator role is for. Check out the following about the PDC emulator:

http://www.petri.com/understanding_fsmo_roles_in_ad.htm

if there is set of rules that says whice changes to AD replicate immediatly betwwen dc and others in default time ? and can i controll this rulles?
    if the DC's are in the same site then they should replicate straight away (normaly around 10secs depending on network bandwith) If you want to change the replication schedule then move the DC into different sites.

hope this helps

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: domain controller replication

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
      if the DC's are in the same site then they should replicate straight away (normaly around 10secs depending on network bandwith) If you want to change the replication schedule then move the DC into different sites.
      Just to add to that, with sites you can control replication frequency via the sites and services mmc, which appears to be the question you are asking. It doesn't sound like you need to do that in your environment though. This Overview and How Replication Works might be helpful. It's a big topic, but it all makes sense when you read up about it
      I nerd therefore I am!

Comment

Working...
      X