Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• queries of active directory

hello dears
    i have 1200 users with active i want limited users of view and search full in active directory i want users view special ou (users ,computers) how can i do?
    pls help me.
    thanx

Re: queries of active directory

Originally posted by cisco007 View Post
    hello dears
    i have 1200 users with active i want limited users of view and search full in active directory i want users view special ou (users ,computers) how can i do?
    pls help me.
    thanx
    I'm sorry, I really dont have a clue what you are trying to do.
    Are you trying to show just users / computers in a given OU or are you trying to give certain users permission to search active directory?

Please make your question clearer (perhaps with an example)

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanx for reply.
      for example i limited usb storage for users and i create a group with permision full for special users ,have permission full for usb ,since users search in active directory they can view members allow group usb ,and i dont want users view members any group how i hidden members groups of domain users?

Comment

Cisco007, please do not be offended as English is a very difficult language to learn and you are doing pretty well. However you really need to find a friend who has better technical English so you can explain (in your language), the problem what you want to do and have your friend translate from your language to English.

Otherwise we are going to have a communication mess like this thread.
        http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=11993

Again, please do not take offence as none is given or intended. We just want to help you solve your problem.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

OK, I think I understand (please correct me if I have misinterpreted what you are asking):

"How do you stop domain users from viewing group membership?"

What tool are the domain users using to see group memberships?
          Is it for all groups or only for certain ones?

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanx dear freiends for reply and sorry i understand english language but i cannot speak very good speak english.
            i find my answer i can stop domain users from viewing group membership with acl for object group i deny domain users from view my private membership group with deny permission list .

good luck

Comment

So have you solved the problem?
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X