Temporarily making DC disable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporarily making DC disable

I have a problem with one of our DC and I want for now to prevent users to login through this DC, I can't shut him down because we use this server for file server too.
    How can I prevent users to login through this DC ? Is there a service to stop or something else to do ?

Thanks

Re: Temporarily making DC disable

Disabling any services will more than likely stop users from accessing your file shares, and probably prevent you from logging onto the server to fix the issue.

The only other option I can think of it to create a temp site and move the DC to that site. All clients should then just use the DC's that are in their own site which is dictated by the subnet policy applied to that site.

Topper.
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Topper's is the best solution for situations where the server must remain "Up" 24/7... but really the preferred solution would be to do the necessary work out of hours when the files are not being accessed, or if that is not an option, the only other one would be to make them accept that there will be an outage and bring the server down.

Is this a small organisation? I'm quite surprised that you're serving Files from a domain controller...?

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Yes, it is a small organization. We have another 2 DC's for backup, So In the short term I will do what Topper suggested.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X