Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming Profile with TEMP Status

Windows 2000 Server & Windows XP Pro workstation w/ SP2
    I have a user that I am trying to add her roaming profile to a new workstation. I am of coarse logged on the domain as the administrator, and add her to the workstation in control panel/users and her profile remains with a temp status. I have asked her log on and it will not copy her profile (folders) from the AD server. I have even added her to "Administrators" (built in) group to see if this works. Still no good. I have done this many times with no problems at all. This one does not want to work. What am I missing.

Re: Roaming Profile with TEMP Status

Hi d_weller.
    Originally posted by d_weller View Post
    I am of coarse logged on the domain as the administrator, and add her to the workstation in control panel/users and her profile remains with a temp status.
    You need to use Active Directory Users and Computers to add the user.
    What do you mean by "temp status"?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: Roaming Profile with TEMP Status

I think d_weller means the user doesnt pick up a roaming profile and gets a temporary profile on the local machine.

As long as the roaming profile is correctly configured in ADUC, there should be no need to configure it on the local PC so I would start with your AD setup

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X