Server 2003 Native Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 Native Mode

We recently changed the functional level of our domains to 2003 native from interim mode. Since we have changed it, no one but the Administrator account for each domain can logon. It gives a "Unable to log you on because of account restrictions" error... My account is a domain admin account and I still can't login.

Everything in the MS Knowledge base deals regarding this error revolves around Remote Desktop or blank passwords. Is there something we missed? No account permissions were changed, only the domain functional level. Please advise...

which Q numbers did you already tried? and what kind of clients do you use?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Clients are all Win2K Pro. I have looked thru all the KB articles for that error and have found nada (If that's what you mean by Q numbers).

We had thought that the problem revolved around not being able to promote the forest to 2003 native because of a defunked domain that was still at 2000 mixed. We were finally able to remove the domain and raise the forest to 2003 native, but it did not fix the account restrictions.

Aside from that, I don't even know where to start looking... does that sound like a GPO restriction or something more basic?

Comment

Nevermind... the promotion of the forest to 2003 native and the replication of the global catalog throughout the forest did solve the problem. Thanks anyways...

Comment

Working...
        X