No announcement yet.

AD login timeout

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD login timeout

Hello to everyone.

I hope that someone have answer to my question. I have windows 2003 server standart edition. I tried to install Active directory as its described in

everything seems ok. but when i restart. i type my username and pass and computer freezes to Loading user configuration message .. IT stays for HOURS... Can someone please tell me what is the problem and how can i change timeout of this. because timeout is around 8hours.. Every step i tried to do is from Remote Desktop. My provider told me that windows searches for non existing domain.. but.. how can i check that .. i used dcdiag and netdiag tools and it seems that every test is ok..
    except dcdiag sysvol test - it fails with 0x0000475 error

Any ideas are welcome
    Thank you in advance.

Have verified this is not due to the hardware problem. If not pls ensure that DNS is properly configured. And also pls post some more info so that i can get a clear picture of ur problem

1) Make sure the DC is pointing to itself in the list of DNS servers in the TCP/IP properties of your NIC.

2) Make sure the domain you use is not already in use in the outside world (is considered a good practice)

3) Make sure the cliients are pointing to the DC as their primary DNS server.
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"