Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would member domain controller work ?

Hi,
    I got one server working as Domain controller and other computer is working as member server. Is it any way I can confirm that my second computer which is member server will take over if domain controller would fail.
    What my problem is I have done every thing from group policy to adding users at domain controller so I am not going to do any thing more on my domain controller. Now I want to become sure that whenever my first computer will fail, the second member server would be able to take over or not. Is it any procedure or any comand to verify and I can test it?
    any suggestion guys?
    Regards

Re: would member domain controller work ?

Read the info at the following link and then come back with some questions.How do I install a second Domain Controller in my Active Directory domain on my Windows 2003 Server?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: would member domain controller work ?

Originally posted by ahmer_sahab View Post
      Hi,
      I got one server working as Domain controller and other computer is working as member server. Is it any way I can confirm that my second computer which is member server will take over if domain controller would fail.
      What my problem is I have done every thing from group policy to adding users at domain controller so I am not going to do any thing more on my domain controller. Now I want to become sure that whenever my first computer will fail, the second member server would be able to take over or not. Is it any procedure or any comand to verify and I can test it?
      any suggestion guys?
      Regards
      The member server will NOT take any role if your main server fails as it is not a Domain Controller but mearly a memebr server.

For you to have some fault tolerance you will need to configure your member server as a second DC.

Please look at the links Biggles77 posted.

Comment

Working...
      X