• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server

hi,
    client = server 2003 r2 = fs
    server= sbs 2003 = dc

source= kerberos; id= 4; on the sbs2003
    The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/fs.tangram.local. The target name used was cifs/fs. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine accounts in the target realm (my domain.LOCAL), and the client realm. Please contact your system administrator.

after a restart the FS cant access the DC resources.
    (and the restart process takes ages, i had to boot it manually).

after a check in google i saw that i need to check 2 things.

i checked the dns and everything is ok.

instead of using "netdom.exe" i got the fs out from the domain, deleted his computer account and add it back in. it didnt work (and then couple of services could not start up - netlogom etc...)
    i cant even do net time- it says bad user name or password.

i tried to changed his name and then readd him to the domain but again it didnt work.

the wierd thing is that everyone can still work but it just dosnt look good.

should i reinstall or u guys have other suggestions?

p.s
    on the fs (2003 R2) i also have installed norton anti virus server doed it have anything to do with it?

10x

yours,
    Or Czerninski.
    Best regards,
    Or.

Re: The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server

OK SO HERE IS THE SOLOUTION for kerberos error id : 4

on the file server- log on locally with administrator and change the computer account SID (of the file server), it's IP and COMPUTERNAME.

u can use sysprep but u can also use a free product from www.sysinternals.com called "new sid" http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/newsid.html

I hope it can help other ppl who stucks with it,
    cause i didnt find a written soloution on the web.

yours,
    Or Czerninski.
    Best regards,
    Or.

Comment

Re: The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server

Thanks for sharing the solution.
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
      X