design of network for 2 lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• design of network for 2 lines

We have a network at present which is secured with websense etc most of the users go through it for web browsing etc.

We want some members of the network to have unfiltered web browsing and we have ordered another line into the building.

What do I need to do to enable these users to use the unfiltered line rather than the usual. Is it a case of naming the gateway? or will I run into problems as we only use 1 domain and all users need the same group policy applied to them.

Are there any DNS problems I will encounter.

I will be using a server with 2 nics, one with the regular Lan on it and the other with the unfiltered line. The filtered line will be on another server.

Why not use DHCP to give these users a different gateway address?

Are there hundreds of people who roam between computers?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

yes there are a few thousand users and they do roam but the pc's which will need unfiltered access will not roam. I was going to do the gateway assignment but wanted to know of any other issues.

Comment

Unless the filtered users discover there is unfilter access at 192.168.x.x and are clever enough to change the gateway I can't see a problem with using this method.

Either way the user changing their settings makes the assumption that they'd be savvy enough to do so, and that they'd possess sufficient privilidges to do it.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X