Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access My domain from My Network Places

Dear All,

I'm the network administrator of a company & i'm facing a weird problem.

When i'm trying to browse my domain from "My Network Places" an error message appears sayin: 'Your Domain is not accessible, you might not have permission to use this network resource, The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available', so i restarted the computer browser service in all my DCs but it didn't work so i restarted the server and workstation services in all my DCs but it also didn't work.

Did anyone know a solution for this problem?

Thx in advance.

Re: Can't access My domain from My Network Places

Does it happen to all clients or just one?

Are the clocks synched?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Make sure that the WINS server is correct and that WINS is active. That did the trick for me. I had the same problem, no Network places and using net view in the cmd prompt gave me a domain not reachable kind of error.
      A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Comment

I restarted all my DCs then i tried to open it again and worked properly.

I really appreciate all ur efforts

Comment

Working...
        X